We are currently seeking the following assistance:
In order to accommodate more people, we need to expand the most necessary components of our project – additional water storage, replacement Polaris batteries, additional solar battery storage, and road improvements.
- Water tank: At a minimum, we need to install an additional 10,000-gallon water tank. We already have the pieces for the tank, but need the labor, groundwork, covers, and plumbing.
- Replacement batteries for our Polaris electric vehicle. One of our necessary electric farm vehicles is out of commission. All of the batteries need to be replaced. Loss of this vehicle makes it difficult due to the fact that it’s the only vehicle that can make it off the farm and heavy rain. We have received an invoice for the 8 replacement batteries totaling $2,100. As an exciting development, we are offering farm tours to help visitors learn about sustainable living practices. This opportunity helps us generate income, increased awareness, and provide a joyful, adventurous, and educational tour of our property and solar power plant. These tours are only possible with your help.
- New Lithium batteries, control box, and back up inverter for the much-needed solar system upgrade. In our last battery replacement in 2016, we were short 8 vital batteries and have been handicapped due to insufficient power. We need to charge our 2electric farm vehicles, one electric town car, as well as pump the well. We will have a far greater electric demand with guests and residents. to add any visitors and residents and adequately charge our vehicles, we need 7 lithium batteries. The upgraded system has been estimated at $40,000.
- One of our bigger needs is to improve the .71-mile dirt access road with C-4 gravel. In addition, we have a seasonal runoff that crosses the road, which will require about a 9-foot culvert to make it safe to cross during rains. We also need to gravel around work areas since the duality of our amazing 7 feet of topsoil is incredibly deep mud when it rains.
- We are planning on developing an existing reservoir, on our property, into a fish pond for growing and harvesting fish to feed our animals and to sell to fund our projects. We need materials and funding for this project.