INTERNSHIP & APPRENTICESHIPS
Experience the peace and harmony of sustainable living.
Oxygen-Rich • Pure Water From Our Well • No EMFs • Organic Food Grown From Our Own Farm
“Plain living – high thinking.” Paramahansa Yogananda
We are a non-smoking, vegetarian, and drug and alcohol-free property.
The internship is a 3 month hands-on experience living off-the-grid. At Breath of Heaven, you will learn how to farm, grow organic food, live sustainably, and more. The internship has a flexible starting date.
Time Commitment: 28 hours/week
Apply: Applicants may send an email to email@example.com with their resume and a cover letter including intended start date.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a questionnaire to be filled out followed by a phone or video-conferencing interview.
Location: Maui, HI
What is included: Tuition, lodging, and food
Cost: $1,200/ month
The apprenticeship is an outgrowth of the internship that allows individuals to have extensive training. Once interns have completed the 3 months, they may apply.
Does the apprenticeship start immediately after the internship?
It may start after the internship or later depending on availability of lodging and your schedule.
What you will learn:
- organic growing methods
- maintaining a nursery
- proper seed planting
- natural weed control
- non-toxic pest control
- using farm equipment and tools
- planning for weather
- how to live off-the-grid
- how to use and choose off-grid appropriate tools
- how to select and maintain electric vehicles
- using and maintaining solar power plant
- water conservation
- water storage
- using a well
- energy conservation
- using solar ovens
- gourmet, simple, and fast vegan and vegetarian cooking
- food preparation
- food storage
- food processing
- natural solutions for pet and animal care
- best food for healthy dogs
- dog grooming
- care and feeding of chickens
Living in Community
- sharing resources & maintaining communal spaces
- understanding personal use vs community use
- team building
- group activities
- shared responsibility
Come learn how to live simply so that others and simply live. MW
Location: Breath of Heaven Sustainable Living Center, Waihee, Maui.
- A 20 ft by 10 ft stand-up tent under a waterproof canopy on a wooden deck with furniture and beds.
- Plumeria Contentalow has a queen size Tempurpedic mattress.
- Garden Contentalow has two twin beds.
- Bamboo Contentalo is a shared tent with a resident. One vacant twin bed.(Female guests only)
- All linens and towels are provided
- A newly built covered outside shower with vanity, sink, and mirror
- To inquire about internships and apprenticeships at Breath of Heaven, please e-mail Annie Macpherson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Required signature on Release of Liability form & Breath of Heaven Off-Grid Living Guidelines. Note * Both of these forms are sent to you before your making a reservation. We are a non-smoking, vegetarian, and drug and alcohol-free property.
- Orientation upon arrival to go over BOH Guidelines and off the grid living requirements
- Three month internship minimum.
Breath of Heaven Sustainable Living Center is 20 minutes from the Kahului Airport (OGG) and 10 minutes from the largest shopping mall. Although it is minutes from conveniences, it is a sheltered haven seemingly isolated.
*Attention: The purpose of Breath of Heaven is to provide an educational experience of living sustainably off-the-grid and in harmony with nature.